Your gently-used or surplus clothing and household goods can save lives!
We use donated items in three ways. They either go directly to our clients to help meet their needs, are sold at our Higgins resale stores to raise money for our critical services, or are shipped to projects in partnership with Rotary International.
There are two ways to donate your items:
1) Schedule a pick-up: To schedule your items to be collected from your home or business, complete our online donation form or call 979-421-6313 to donate furniture and appliances.
2) Drop off your items (during normal business hours only): Clothing and small household items may be dropped off at Higgins North, 550 E. Blue Bell Rd 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please do not take donations to Higgins South.
Our most-needed donated items include:
- New and gently-used clothing and shoes
- Furniture, small appliances, and other household items in good condition
- Working televisions and electronics (please, no CRT-type TVs)
- Items for infants
- Bibles and devotional materials
- Vehicles of any type
We are unable to accept some items, including:
- Car seats
- Baby cribs
- CRT-type TVs
- Sleeper sofas
- Clothing that is torn, stained, or wet
- Furniture that is broken, stained, or torn
- Non-working refrigerators, freezers, or window air conditioners
- Mattresses with tears or discolorations; all mattresses and bedding of any kind must be inspected prior to acceptances
We cannot thank you enough for considering a material donation and doing your part to change the lives of our clients and community for the better!